The Hamilton Music Collective stands together with the entire community against all forms of racism, violence, racial injustice and inequality.
As an organization formed to provide free music education to children and to present quality music performances to the Hamilton community, it is of the utmost importance that we state our renewed commitment to upholding the values of social justice and racial equity, both in principle and in action.
We recognize that committing to these values involves ongoing work, and every individual within the HMC organization will continue to strive towards building a more equitable future for the entire community.
In developing its vision and realizing its mission, HMC operates within the following statement of values which is embedded in its operational by-law. The corporation expects its members to adhere to the following values with regard to their activities within and on behalf of the corporation:
• commitment to the public good;
• accountability to the public;
• respect for the worth and dignity of individuals;
• inclusiveness and social justice;
• respect for pluralism and diversity;
• transparency, integrity and honesty;
• responsible stewardship of resources; and
• commitment to excellence and to maintaining the public trust.